Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fanwzzzzz

It's my little pixie Fawn's birthday today!!! We've been best friends since we were 13. I've known her most of my life, which is scary to realize. Like all friends we've had moments but honestly I can say she's always been an amazing friend! (except for that time she kissed the guy I was in love with at prom....but that's another story)

13 years old, we wore water bras, dipped matching necklaces in the lake and wore mens' thrift store shirts.  

The geekiness continued through junior high, our little group of friends. Recognize that guy in the middle? He lost a bet, and years later I married him.

We used to ditch seminary and go to breakfast and pumpkin chunking festivals

I don't have any of our pics on this computer but Fawn is the friend that I shared the first time Momminess with. She had Christian 5 months after Sydnee. We went swimming and to the park multiple times every week. We spent hours talking about marriage and Mommyhood, some of my favorite moments were sitting at the mall play area and talking to my best friend while our babies crawled around us.
 Even though I moved to CO, Fawn and I have remained close. We talk on the phone all the time and I spend a lot of my time with her when I visit.

Fawn's come up to CO more than any other friend. She came when Beckham was blessed, when Rex and I separated, and for my wedding. I've had baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties and even my wedding reception at her house. She's amazing! I call her mini-Martha Stewart. She even sent me decorations for Sydnee's baptism. She's always there when I need her!

I think everyone needs that friend that can understand every aspect of your personality. Whether it's being a responsible Mommy, a wife, or going back to being a goofy teenager for just a few hours. I love my Fawnz! Very Happy Happy Birthday!! I can't wait for her big 3-0 celebration I'm sure we're going to have next year!

 
Oh and someday I'll forgive her for that prom fiasco ;)

Something good.... Only 6 1/2 more hours then I don't have to work a night shift for almost 2 weeks! I LOVE sleeping nightly!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment