Monday, December 12, 2011

Jones ParTAY!!

One of my favorite things about Christmas time is the annual Jones Family party. I really love my Jones family. I always thought I was so special being a part of this family, my cousins were some of my favorite friends and I always looked forward to when I could play with them. As we've all grown up and started families I know that I can count on seeing them at our Christmas party. I missed the past couple of years being in Colorado but I made sure I could make it this year. And again, I just love being a part of this family and truly feel like I have been blessed to be born into the Jones family.


 To honor my Grandfather we had a Dutch Oven Cowboy dinner. Beckham kept stealing cowboy hats


Cousin Blake, my brother Kyle and cousin Cardon


In my family it's traditional that the men cook our Dutch Oven dinners



Our matriarch and beautiful Grandmother



Later that night we went to the temple lights and the Mesa Temple and my kids insisted they wear their cowboy clothes the whole time



Me and cousin Margayle



Beckham and Uncle Bubba


There's a whole new generation of little trouble makers running around.
Mason, Gibson and Beckham


Beckham and Mason fixing the fence, as Beckham told me "like REAL cowboys!!"




Cousin Matthew


Missionaries are always invited to our parties



Aunt Maggie leading Mason and Beckham on Jessica


Cousin Trevor leading Sydnee


Uncle Rock (or Rob) who's always the lead cook. His dutch oven peach cobbler is my favorite


Poor Sydnee, there were 9 little boys and only 3 girls. And she kept complaining she didn't have anyone to play with. There are some girls her age but they weren't able to come. I joined her pouting on the trampoline


Two beautiful cowgirls


Something good.... I drove to AZ all by myself with 2 kids, and then we drove back all 13 hours in one day. My kids were amazing! Especially since the DVD player broke on the drive back. But they were really great in the car, Sydnee didn't get sick and Beckham didn't cry from being stuck in a car seat for so long. That is definitely something good!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment