Monday, January 17, 2011

Upcoming

Alright here's what's happening and what's coming soon to a Rinny life near you... (Wow, I am far too hyper and cheesy right now)

My baby sister Kadi (or Kadee as she's insisting) is getting married! March 19th to Jaykob Owens. He's in the Army and being deployed in Juneish so they'll have a few months of wedded bliss. Good luck to him, she's a handful. She's making him wear purple... hehe

Anyway, I took them to downtown CS and took some pics for their engagement announcements.


Ryan starts school this week. I spent 5ish years going to school and even with the 3 year wait list, it was all completely worth it. I love my degree, I love my job and I love that I have the ability to make a living for my family. I'm working on my Bachelor's and my goal is to be a Nurse Practitioner. Sydnee and I frequently talk about college, where she wants to go, what she wants to become. It's expected that she and Becks will go to college, I'm a mean Mommy and I will drill it into their heads that they are expected to get a degree. So my poor Ryan is also being pushed to go to school. I'm completely aware that this is going to take forever but here's step 1.
Alright, this is going to be slightly controversial but I don't really care. I sometimes pretend that 10 years of my life didn't happen and I popped up at age 25 with 2 kids and no past. And when I pretend like people don't exist I eventually have some kind of brain revolt where it's even more painful. I'm trying to blend my life, blend the people and acknowledge past, present and future. So since, in my head all day I will be thinking this, I will acknowledge it and wish Rex a Happy Birthday


BIG NEWS!!! I've been thinking about this for awhile, I've actually looked up Triathlon races before but never followed through.
My Dad has timeshare points and occasionally schedules a vacation if he finds a good deal and invites the family to come. He sent me an email about having a week in Pagosa Springs, CO in April. He made sure to point out that Durango, CO is an hour away, which is where Dusty lives. Dusty was my best friend in high school, sadly we don't get to see each other as often anymore. She now has 3 kids and I haven't seen her since her oldest was a baby. BUT, I already called her and we're going to get together and play in April.

So again, I was online looking at possible races cause I need some motivation and a new goal. and I found a triathlon in Durango the exact week we will be there.

TRI the RIM
April 17th

So I am officially training for a Triathlon. Which should be interesting considering I have never been able to run. I can sprint fast, but any long distance just kills me. (Although I've been told it's all in my head) So lots and lots of training ahead. I'm really excited! I've already registered and I have my training plan. But now I just have to learn to run, look for a HUGE post in the future when I finally run without dying.


Something GOOD.... Ryan got his dream calling as an 11 year-old assistant Scout Master. He's really excited
K

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me Krash! You go girl and way to be an example to your kiddos!! You rock and go get them with the triathlon you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete