Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkins and more pumpkins

Every year we go to the pumpkin patch. The kids spend hours in the freezing cold finding 50 different pumpkins and picking the PERFECT one, until I realize that I don't need to spend $15 per pumpkin and let the kids buy a mini one with promises of the BEST $3.99 Wal-Mart pumpkin available!

This year thought we went to a new pumpkin patch (how many times am I going to have to write those 2 words?) This one included a pumpkin from their "patch" ( we've been going to a REAL farm so I'm kinda snobby about a grass field with cardboard cartons of pumpkins) But there was also a corn field maze and a few other cute things.




In case I've never mentioned it, I am allergic to corn plants (and a lot of other plants, but corn is one of the big ones) I will break into a VERY VERY VERYYYY itchy rash and throw myself into the nearest body of water to get the stuff off my body. Now you would think that because of this, my husband and children would be sympathetic and we would skip the corn....


Yeah right Mom, let's go!!! (thanks for the concern guys...thanks)


People may have looked at me strangely but I refused to touch or be touched



Beckham had a blast. If I won the lottery I would pay someone else to build me a corn maze because it would entertain Becks for HOURS



This was pretty much my view the entire time, they would run off and leave me to fend off the plants by myself




So there has been a lot of pumpkin receiving in our house. We already had 4 sitting outside. But since we got to choose 3 free pumpkins from the patch ;) we decided find the weirdest looking ones


I think what Ryan is holding is actually a squash













Something good.... Beckham is going to be the perfect thing for Halloween!


Oh and the reason there aren't a lot of pics of Sassy? Let's just say that when Momma tells you to stop throwing a fit or she will take you to the car... she's not joking

K

No comments:

Post a Comment